As of next spring, Air France will fly non-stop between Vancouver and Paris up to five times a week. The new service between Vancouver International Airport (YVR) and Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) will begin March 2015.
Flights will be operated by Boeing 777-200 with 309 seats: 35 in Business, 24 in Premium Economy and 250 in Economy. The non-stop seasonal service will operate:
- From March 29 to May 3, 2015, flights on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- From May 4 to September 13, 2015, flights on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- From September 14 to October 24, 2015, flights on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Flight schedules (in local time):
- AF 379: Leaves Vancouver at 14:00, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 8:35 the following day
- AF 374: Leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 10:35, arrives in Vancouver at 11:50 the same day
In addition to Air France’s co-carrier KLM’s daily flights between Vancouver and Amsterdam, the opening of the Vancouver-Paris route five times a week now offers customers greater choice for connections to 55 destinations in Europe. According to Air France representatives, the new YVR-CDG flights will also contribute to develop trade and tourism between France and British Columbia, and add $13.7 million in Gross Domestic Product, $8.8 million in wages and 248 jobs to the B.C. economy.
YVR representatives are “… thrilled to welcome a premier carrier like Air France to YVR’s growing list of business partners. Our customers have long been asking for Air France’s non-stop direct flights to Paris. We recently surveyed Metro Vancouver residents and results showed Paris as the number one requested destination from YVR.”
Tickets for the new Air France Vancouver-Paris service are now available for purchase. For booking information, visit www.airfrance.ca